There are numerous debates over what was the first game and who created it. The evolution of games represents technological changes taking place over the years. It all started with a simple video games. The first of them began to appear around 1940s, what mean that more than 70 years ago! However, It is hard to state clearly which game was really the first. There are still ongoing disputes between fans of games and the same time experts in gaming history. In 1947 was created a games called “Cathode Ray Tube Amusement Device”. Long name, huh? It was the earliest known interactive electronic game created by Thomas T. Goldsmith Jr. and Estle Ray Mann. It was a simple kind of simulator inspired by radar displays from World War II. It used analog circuitry, not digital, but for that times it was a real phenomenon! This same year British mathematician Alan M. Turing developed a theoretical computer chess program. Actually he made only a basic program (nowadays called Turing machine) and then his friend Dietrich Prinz wrote it as the first limited program of chess. Unfortunately there was many problems with the “game”, so it was not enough powerful to play a full game. In the picture we can see people playing a “Pong” game. Maybe it was not the first game ever made, but it is one of the earliest arcade video games, that because of its two-demension graphics started to be more common between people, than its predecossors. Many years passed before on the market appeared online games
, not to mention browser ones. They start to be popular during 90s. Then become first person-shooter games that allows players to compete with each other using the web. As the World Wide Web developed also browser games
become more popular. Next to the many simple, single-player games were creating more complicated, that used web servers to allow to play in a multiplayer games.
On the list below You can find some facts about computer games, that everyone should know:
1) Computer game is a computer program used for educational or entertainment purposes.
2) The beginings of computer games are the 50s and 60s, but they have become popular since 70s.
3) First game designed by Thomasa T. Goldsmith Jr. i Estle Raya Mann was created in 1947.
4) The most common types of games are: browser games, skill games, adventure games, role-playing games, sports games, racing games, logical games and strategic games.
5) Next to the single games, on the market there are many multiplayer games, which in addition to an entertainment are a social experience.
6) The average age of player is 33 years (he is not a teenager as it is commonly believed).
7) The three largest computer gaming markets are: the USA, Japan and the United Kingdom.
8) Computer games not only entertain us but also develop our skills.
9) Not only guys play computer games, girls also!
10) In recent years we can notice growth in the popularity of the online games.